Hillview Middle School Principal Erik Burmeister will give a talk on "Raising Teens Without Losing Your Mind" at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6, in the Hillview Performing Arts Center at 1100 Elder Ave. in Menlo Park.
The talk is part of the Hillview Middle School PTO parent-education series that is open to the public. Free onsite childcare is provided.
Future programs in the series are:
● Devin Prouty, researcher, on "Sleepy Students: the Adolescent Circadian Shift," Wednesday, Jan. 8, at 6:30 p.m.
● Erica Pelavin and Gloria Moskowitz-Sweet on "My Digital TAT-2, Parenting the Media Generation," Wednesday, Feb. 12, at 6:30 p.m.
● Christine Carter, author, on "Raising Happiness, Simple Steps for More Joyful Kids and Happier Parents," Wednesday, March 19, at 6:30 p.m.
● Katie Cotton, Apple Computer, on "The Media's Influence," with the film "Miss Representation," Wednesday, April 9, at 6:30 p.m.
● "Race to Nowhere" film and panel on the topic "Are We Pushing Too Hard," Wednesday, May 14, at 6:30 p.m.
For more information about the Hillview parent-education speaker series, email firstname.lastname@example.org.