PG&E fixed a gas leak at Encinal School this morning, and the fire district gave the "all clear" to lift a "shelter in place" order, the superintendent of the Menlo Park City School District said in a parent advisory at 11:54 a.m. today.
"All students are safe and are moving forward with a normal school day," said Superintendent Maurice Ghysels.
A contractor working behind the Atherton elementary school had struck a small natural gas pipe this morning and caused the leak, he said. Principal Sharon Burns had issued a "shelter in place" order for all students.
Encinal is at 195 Encinal Ave. in Atherton.