A look back
In 1882, the Irish immigrants Michael and Bridget Byrne built this Victorian Gothic house on Canada Road from a mail order plan. Judge Albert T. Shine inherited the house in 1939, which included many 19th century furnishings. The house was sold and renovated in 1998 and is now listed with the state Office of Historic Preservation as a private residence. Photo courtesy Woodside History Committee.