Those were the days
Between 1898 and 1900, Swedish immigrant Capt. William Matson, of Matson Navigation Co., built a 38-room Tudor-style house on 70 acres along Woodside Road near Bear Gulch Creek. The estate was given to his only child, Lurline. She later married William Roth and they purchased and moved to the Filoli estate in 1936. (Photo courtesy of Woodside History Committee.)

© 2014 Almanac Online.
All rights reserved.