Fraud report: Unauthorized check for $3,450 cashed from resident's account, Mount Vernon Lane, Jan. 11.
Grand theft report: Cell phone stolen, Middlefield Road, Jan. 12.
Auto burglary report: Window smashed, Shearer Drive, Jan. 11.
Commercial burglary report: Locked container forced open and tools and gardening equipment stolen, 100 block of Independence Drive, Jan. 11.
Residential burglary report: Bedroom forced open and cell phone, charger and $50 in cash stolen, 1100 block of Sevier Ave., Jan. 10.
Auto burglary reports:
• Window smashed, vehicle ransacked and stereo system stolen, 1000 block of Madera Ave., Jan. 9.
• Window smashed, 1000 block of Madera Ave., Jan. 9.
• Window smashed, 1600 block of Marsh Road, Jan. 13.
• Sunglasses, stroller and other items stolen, 300 block of Pope St., Jan. 14.
Stolen vehicle report: Boat stolen, 3600 block of Haven Ave., Jan. 8.
Embezzlement report: Embezzlement and forgery by former employee, 100 block of Encinal Ave., Jan. 14.
• Identity theft, 1200 block of Hoover St., Jan. 8.
• Account opened and deposits made with fraudulent checks, 3700 block of Haven Ave., Jan. 14.
Child protective services reports:
• 100 block of O'Keefe St., Jan. 11.
• 1400 block of Chilco St., Jan. 14.
Residential burglary report: Laptop computer and jewelry stolen for estimated loss of $11,200, 700 block of La Mesa Drive, Jan 7.
Fraud report: Resident's name and medical account information used to make unauthorized medical appointment in Santa Cruz County, 200 block of Golden Hills Drive, Jan. 11.
Theft report: Victim's purse stolen from unattended shopping cart, 3000 block of Woodside Road, Jan. 8.
Fraud report: Resident's address and phone number used to open account with online music outlet for loss estimated at $20, 100 block of Jane Road, Jan. 11.