That's perfect, but if they cannot deal with this decision, then the city should not be trying to put their hands in Bohannon's pockets by asking for a portion of any profits or accessing any extraordinary fees. If the vote is yes, Bohannon should get his permits. If the vote is no, he will lose his development costs.
The council seems to be saying to the voters: "You make the decision that we are afraid to make." I guess the council members are fearful of their no-growth backers.
This project will bring jobs and tax revenues to the city, a benefit as I see it. Our council recently has been more involved in bigger issues, mostly outside of Menlo Park, except for throwing away $1.2 millions on a consultant whose suggested plans involve the destruction of downtown and the creation of "Redwood City South."
Pat White, Fremont Street, Menlo Park