One player from each team and one or two coaches from each division were recognized at the league's annual Player Appreciation Day, held at Burgess Park. Honors were awarded to players and coaches from the A, AA, AAA, Majors, Challenger and Juniors divisions.
Award-winning coaches and players are:
• A Division. Coach: Jeff Phillips. Players: Andrew Morris, Conor Newby, Christian Van Stralen, Rowen Barnes, James Ballard, Will Garlinghouse, Joshua Goldberg.
• AA Division. Coach: Dan Burke. Players: Matthew Huo, Christopher Oyster, Alex Mummery, Heath Hooper, Jake Albro, Sam Forese, Joe Posthauer, Alexi Stavropolous.
• AAA Division. Coach: John Crevelt. Players: Jackson Benning, Trey Ross, Rob Wilds, Gavin Lombardi, Max Comolli, Andre-Kyle Abad, James Beckwith, Michael Landolfi.
• Majors Division. Coach: Dan Aguiar. Players: Max Chapman, Kyle Bryan, Lane Leschly, Jack Posthauer, Zach Novak, Connor Mead.
• Challenger Division. Coaches: Bob Crowe, Doug Kaufman. Player: Chloe West.
• Juniors Division. Coaches: Lindsay Bowen, Brad Bowen. Player: Austin Wensko.
Ms. Posthauer said the Menlo-Atherton Little League was one of four youth sports organizations across the nation to be recognized by the Positive Coaching Alliance for its efforts in promoting sportsmanship among coaches, parents and players.