Mr. Horsley has raised a total of $249,528 and spent $403,802, according to his Oct. 16 campaign finance report. Asked in an interview about the $154,274 difference between income and expenses, Mr. Horsley noted that he has been running his campaign — and accumulating revenues — for about two years.
Of Mr. Horsley's 200 donors, 64 percent, or 128 donors, gave $500 or more, and 89 of those were for $1,000 or more. Twenty-two came from residents of The Almanac's circulation area.
Ms. Vargas raised $74,662 and her report lists expenses of $84,000. Of the 142 contributors to Ms. Vargas' campaign, 23 percent, or 33 donors, gave $500 or more, and 22 of them were for $1,000 or more. Ten live in The Almanac's circulation area.
Horsley's $500-plus donors
The following donors gave $500 or more to Mr. Horsley's campaign:
• Menlo Park residents Congresswoman Anna Eshoo, Andrea S. Braun, William T. Phillips, Steven Wagstaffe, as well as Lutticken Inc..
• Portola Valley residents Michael Berube, Thomas Fogarty, Arthur Graham, Chong-Moon Lee, Reiko-Takahashi Lee, J. Dorian McKelvy, Terese G. McKelvy, Brittany Perry and Sara A Messman Perry.
• Atherton residents Sandra Ferrando, Isaac Stein, Nariman Teymourian and James F Wickett.
• Woodside residents Catherine T. Harvey, Kevin R. Harvey, Warren R. Merrill, Dennis J Sammut and Karen Sammut.
• Palo Alto residents Larry N. Horton, J. Burton McMurtry, DeeDee McMurtry, Mario M. Rosati, Eric Wickersham, Grover T. Wickersham and Jill Wickersham.
• Redwood City residents Barnet R. Adelman, Julie Arbuckle, Justin H. Arbuckle, Philip Gregory, Elizabeth Hill, Duncan Matteson, Debra K Weiner as well as Gateway & Mitchell Properties and the San Mateo Credit Union.
• San Carlos residents Gil DeVincenzi, Michael J. King and Matthew E. Tutino; San Mateo residents Mario DeCaro, Mina K. Fisher, Joe Galligan for Treasurer, Tom Huening, Frances B. Nelson, Michael D. Nevin, Nanci E. Nishimura, William Pedrini and Stephen A Way, as well as Barulich Dugoni Law Group, Concar Enterprises, the David D. Bohannon Organization, the South County Firefighters PAC, and the Western Manufactured Housing Communities Association.
• Others: Foster City resident Preston Butcher as well as the San Mateo Building Trades Joint Council; Millbrae resident George R. Corey and Richard Holober for Community College Board; Hillsborough residents Robert Batinovich, Dr. Joseph Haggerty, Diane Pitre and Frank M. Pitre; Burlingame residents Joseph Cotchett, Nancy L. Fineman, Ara R. Jabagchourian, Niall McCarthy, Mark Molumphy, Mark A Pitre, Ina Stewart, Steven Williams and David J. Byers, as well as Putnam Toyota Scion; Sunnyvale Susan Chavez, Kirk B. McGowan, Angeles Perry and John Perry, as well as BAGG Engineers; San Francisco residents Marc D. Haberman, Mila Medina and Reull Medina; South San Francisco residents Krishana K. Patahk and Richard A Poletti, as well as Five Brothers Inc. and the Nauman Roos Chapel by the Sea; Daly City resident Gladys Callan; Sacramento's the CDF Firefighters Small Contributor PAC, the Plumbers, Steamfitters and Refrigeration Fitters, the California Apartment Association TriCounty Division, and the Western Manufactured Housing Communities Association; Los Angeles resident Nathan Fisher as well as the California Real Estate PAC; Half Moon Bay residents Robert LaMar, Robt W. Lishman, Donald O'Keefe, as well as Oscar Knows Inc.; Belmont resident Ted Taube; Emerald Hills resident Charles Carr Huggins; La Honda resident David Gollnick; San Anselmo resident A. John Murphy; San Bruno resident Rommel Medina; Pescadero resident Meredith Reynolds; Los Gatos resident Christopher L Schaffer; El Granada resident Robert H. Senz; Los Altos resident Robert L. Denebelm; Corcoran, California, resident Sandra Nordstrom; Seattle resident Michael Fleming; Nevada resident John Muller; Lemoore, California, resident Mark S. Grewal; Alameda's the Operating Engineers Local Union; Fresno's the Pipe Trades District Council; from San Mateo; Anaheim's the Trailer Ranch Association; Lombard, Illinois Veolia Transportation.
The following donors gave $500 or more to Ms. Vargas' campaign:
• Menlo Park residents Steve Blank, Robert Levenson, Brad O'Brien and Gregory Serrurier.
• Portola Valley residents Allan Brown and David Smernoff.
• Atherton residents Nancy Criley and Elizabeth Ross.
• Woodside resident Susan Lang.
• Others: Redwood City residents Marsha Cohen and Matt Leddy; Half Moon Bay residents Pamela Fisher, Lois Joseph and Dana Kimsey; Montara residents David Beck, Ann Forrister, Arthur Hofmayer, Charles Lintell, Paul Perkovic and Jeffrey Olson, Suzanne Stephanik and Eric Trefeiner; El Granada resident Jim Blanchard; Moss Beach residents Christine Mendonca, Larry Mendonca and Brigid O'Farrell; Burlingame resident Nancy Blachman; Pacifica resident Edward Carter; Piedmont resident Richard Deatley; San Carlos Green Party of San Mateo County; La Honda resident Pam Patek; Sun City West, CA resident Gloria Vargas; Los Gatos resident Mariquita West; Los Altos resident Peter LaTourrette; Oxnard: National Women's Political Caucus.