WEST MENLO PARK
Theft report: An engagement ring with an estimated value of $17,000 is missing from a home on Valparaiso Avenue, Aug. 20.
Residential burglary report: Missing from a pool house and main residence on Selby Lane are a $2,000 silver Apple MacBook Pro, a $1,000 N1000 studio microphone, a $600 white Apple 2 iPod, and $300 red-and-black Beats headphones by Dr. Dre, Sept. 14.
• Someone stole $4,000 in non-narcotic medicine for the blood from the doorstep of a Heather Drive resident who also discovered in his mailbox pieces of "destroyed" mail from addresses on the west side of town, Sept. 18.
• An unlocked vehicle parked on Watkins Avenue is missing a computerized automotive diagnostic device with a value of $350 and a Garmin $150 GPS, Sept. 15.
Fraud report: A resident of Kings Mountain Road received a bill from AT&T for $3,500 in cell phone services in May 2013 from an account she said she did not open and from a phone she said she does not own. Her Social Security number had been used to open the account, the company said, Sept. 13.
Residential burglary reports:
• Someone broke into a garage on Crest Lane and stole three Specialized-brand bicycles — a Tarmac racing bike valued at $9,000, a Transition time-trial bike at $8,000 and a Langster road bike at $1,000 — and a set of Zipp tires with a value of $2,900, for a loss totaling $20,900, Sept. 17.
• An Olive Street residential garage was broken into and is missing two bicycles — a Giant-brand time-trial bike valued at $3,800 and a Specialized S Works road bike at $3,000, Sept. 13.
• A would-be thief left behind a damaged $10 combination lock in breaking into a Sharon Park Drive storage container, from which nothing was missing, Sept. 19.
Commercial burglary report: Someone cut the lock to a fenced-in area at Memry Corp. on Campbell Avenue and stole $60,000 worth of cylindrical metal rods, Sept. 19.
Auto burglary reports:
• A vehicle broken into while parked on Coleman Avenue is missing two purses — a $2,000 gray-and-white purse by Louis Vuitton and a large brown $3,000 purse by Gucci — as well as a $300 pair of Prada sunglasses, a $300 gold necklace and $45 in cash, Sept. 14.
• Someone caused $200 in damage by breaking a window but apparently stole nothing from a vehicle parked at O'Brien and Kavanaugh drives, Sept. 18.
Embezzlement report: Officials suspect an employee of the city of Menlo Park may have pocketed $400 in fees from students registering for city-sponsored classes, Sept. 18.
• A diamond-solitaire ring valued at $20,000 is missing from a residence on Deanna Drive, Sept. 19.
• Someone got away with an Apple MacBook Pro with a value of $2,000, a $500 Apple iPad and a brown $35 computer bag that had been left unattended at a Starbucks coffee shop on Sharon Park Drive, Sept. 14.
• An employee of Keeping Traditions Inc., a furniture store on Santa Cruz Avenue, is missing an $899 Apple iPhone and its case, all believed stolen while she was at work, Sept. 15.
• Someone stole a black Apple iPhone with a value of $700 from a pouch on a (briefly) unattended stroller at the weekly farmers' market, Sept. 15.
• A bike with a value of $100 is missing from a residence on Pope Street, Sept. 19.
• Someone stole a wallet from an unlocked vehicle parked on East Creek Drive and used the credit card in the wallet for $100 in unauthorized purchases, Sept. 15.
• Three wooden crates are missing from the Safeway supermarket on Sharon Park Drive, Sept. 16.
Parking tickets report: Police had a vehicle towed from Coleman Place and put into storage in connection with unpaid parking tickets amounting to $627, well above the towing threshold of $400, Sept. 17.
Stolen vehicle report: An arrest was made in connection with the theft of a white 1991 Toyota Corolla parked on Haven Avenue, Sept. 15.