Residential burglary report: Someone stole a $15,000 pearl necklace from an unlocked jewelry box in the master bedroom of a home on Valencia Court. There were no signs of forced entry. April 8.
Attempted fraud report: Someone claiming to be from "Homeland Security" called a resident of Woodside Drive and threatened the arrest of the resident's husband by "the Woodside police" if she did not agree to accept certain charges. The resident, finding the circumstances suspicious, did not do as requested and contacted the Sheriff's Office. April 11.
Residential burglary report: Someone stole a $100 TV from an unlocked cottage on Santa Margarita Avenue. April 17.
Strong-arm robbery report: A man on a bicycle rode up to a 65-year-old woman walking in the 1300 block of Hill Avenue in the Belle Haven neighborhood, demanded her personal belongings and rode away with her purse. In the purse were a wallet, a credit card, a Bible, a cell phone and $60 in cash, an estimated total loss of $385. April 17.
Fraud report: The IRS rejected tax returns filed by a resident of Santa Cruz Avenue and a resident of Coleman Avenue because others had obtained the residents' Social Security numbers and had already filed fraudulent returns. April 14 and 17.
• A hotel guest claims someone stole a wedding ring valued at $4,700 from a room in the Stanford Park Hotel at 100 El Camino Real. The guest said she had forgotten the ring when she checked out, and staff did not find it after a search of the room. April 5.
• A man walked out of the Safeway supermarket on Sharon Park Drive with meat concealed under his clothing and was last seen entering the front passenger seat of a silver Hyundai sedan in the parking lot. April 14.
• Three locked bikes, valued at $750, $374 and $125, were stolen on Sharon Park Drive, two from bike racks and one from an apartment garage. April 10, 17 and 14.
• Two bikes were stolen from the public library's bike racks, one that was unlocked and another, a $500 bike, that had been locked to the rack. April 15 and 17.
• Someone stole a $100 bike locked underneath an apartment stairwell on Sharon Road. April 17.
• A man stole a $10 bottle of champagne from a store on Sharon Park Drive. April 15.