Commercial burglary report: A man who had walked into the Safeway supermarket at 525 El Camino Real, and then walked out with several items of food that he had not paid for, fled the store on foot when confronted by store staff. Police found him two blocks away, arrested him and booked him into county jail. The food was recovered. May 29.
• A locked bicycle was stolen from a residential carport on Menlo Avenue. Estimated loss: $3,195. May 23.
• Someone stole a laptop computer from a backpack in an unlocked vehicle parked on Middlefield Road. Estimated loss: $1,200. May 23.
• A laptop computer was stolen from the hood of a vehicle parked on Waverley Street. Estimated loss: $1,000. May 27.
• A cellphone was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 1200 block of Willow Road. Estimated loss: $600. May 29.
• Someone stole a mountain bike locked to a fixture at the Menlo Park Caltrain station. Estimated loss: $400. May 25.
• A package of key chains was stolen from the office of Alain Pinel Realtors in the 1500 block of El Camino Real. Estimated loss: $327. May 29.
• A bike was stolen from a parking lot in the 200 block of El Camino Real, where it had been locked to a pole. Estimated loss: $300. May 27.
• Someone stole a locked bike from the front of an apartment complex on Coleman Avenue. Estimated loss: $200. May 29.
• After an unsuccessful attempt to cash a fraudulent check for $1,430 in a Bank of America office on Sand Hill Road, the check's holder fled the scene before police arrived. May 27.
• A woman providing "costume services" for a children's birthday party on San Antonio Street said she received a $100 check written to an inactive checking account. The check writer resolved the situation by paying the woman in cash. No loss. May 29.
Accident report: A bicyclist complained of pain after a collision at El Camino Real and Cambridge Avenue. The cyclist was riding on the sidewalk on El Camino Real and heading toward Palo Alto. He rode into the intersection with Cambridge Avenue and broadsided a vehicle making a left turn from Cambridge onto El Camino Real.