Accident report: A man driving westbound on La Honda Road in the vicinity of Skywood Lane "at a high rate of speed" lost control of his vehicle at about 9:45 p.m. The vehicle left the road and went over the north shoulder and down a steep wooded embankment and struck a tree. The driver suffered minor lacerations to his arms and complained of neck pain, but a passenger in the front seat had major injuries to his right arm and lacerations on his forehead. Both were taken to Stanford Hospital. Aug. 15.
Reckless driving report: A motorcyclist was cited after a deputy reportedly witnessed the motorcyclist traveling south in the northbound lane of Canada Road, running a stop sign at Glenwood Drive, and riding at speeds of at least 50 mph. Aug. 18.
Fraud report: Someone made unauthorized charges to the debit card of a Mountain Home Court resident at a Utah store known as "Musician's Friend." Estimated losses: $326.97. Aug. 15.
Battery report: A "small argument" led to a fist fight between co-workers in the 300 block of Portola Road. One man was punched in the lip. The victim refused medical treatment and the alleged assailant left the scene. Aug. 15.
Accident report: A man in a truck was heading south on Willowbrook Drive when his truck's airbag inflated leading to the truck leaving the road, striking a tree and ricocheting into a brick mailbox, where it came to a stop. The vehicle had to be towed. Aug. 15.
WEST MENLO PARK
Residential Burglary report: Someone entered a fenced residential construction site on Valparaiso Avenue and stole tools. Estimated loss: $3,400. Aug. 15.
Residential burglary report: Over a period of six weeks, someone has been stealing jewelry from a home in the 1700 block of Santa Cruz Avenue. An investigation is ongoing. Estimated losses: $28,775. Aug. 21.
• Over a period of four months, someone stole VHS tapes, books and paperwork from a garage on Hillview Drive. No evidence of forced entry into the garage. Estimated loss: $1,200. Aug. 18.
• Mail stolen from a business complex on Menlo Avenue was found hidden in some bushes behind the complex. The mail had been opened and some mail was missing, including a package containing glue. Estimated loss: $850. Aug. 16.
• Someone stole a bicycle locked to a fence in the 400 block of El Camino Real. Estimated loss: $700. Aug. 15.
• Someone stole a bike that had been locked to a lamp post with a cable. Estimated loss: $550. Aug. 19.
• A FasTrak toll system device, registration cards and parking permits were stolen from a car parked on Waverley Street. Estimated loss: $50. Aug. 19.
• A resident of O'Brien Drive reported receiving a call from someone claiming to be from the Internal Revenue Service, telling her that she owed back taxes and that she could avoid by paying with a credit card. When the card was "declined," the "agent" told her to go to a CVS drugstore and buy a money order. The woman suspected fraud and called police. No losses. Aug. 15.
• Someone obtained a Willow Road resident's checks and cashed two checks at a market. The checks bounced, which is how the resident found out about the theft. Aug. 20.
• Someone stole a box of checks from a home on University Drive and cashed two. Estimated losses: $237.72. Aug. 21.