False ID report: A deputy stopped a man on a bicycle on suspicion of running a stop sign at the intersection of state highways 35 and 84. The man allegedly gave the deputy a false name, address and date of birth, and was arrested, cited and released. Aug. 24.
Commercial burglary report: Someone pried open a locked window at an art gallery at the Allied Arts complex, entered the gallery and stole several pieces of custom jewelry. Estimated loss: $7,500. Aug. 25.
Residential burglary reports:
• Someone removed the screen from an open window and entered an apartment on Windermere Avenue and stole a ring, a necklace and $30 in coins. Estimated loss: $3,030. Aug. 22.
• A miter saw, table saw and skill saw were stolen from a residential construction site on Avy Avenue. Estimated loss: $1,000. Aug. 28.
• Someone broke a front window, unlocked the front door of a residence on Almanor Avenue and stole two buckets of primer paint and three cans of paint. Estimated loss: $555. Aug. 26.
• Someone stole an unlocked bike from the parking area of an apartment complex on Santa Cruz Avenue. Estimated loss: $720. Aug. 25.
• A Caltrain passenger who had parked and locked a bike in the 1100 block of Alma Street before getting on the train reported the bike stolen upon returning to the station that evening. Estimated loss: $650. Aug. 28.
• A resident of the 1900 block of El Camino Real reported that she had gone on an errand and when she returned, found that her laptop had been stolen. Estimated loss: $500. Aug. 23.
• Someone stole a locked bike from an open parking garage under an apartment building on East Creek Drive. Estimated loss: $400. Aug. 25.
• Someone stole an unlocked bike from a carport in front of a garage on Wood Lane. Estimated loss: $250. Aug. 28.
• A resident of Sharon Park Drive reported stolen prescription medications and cash after having her carpets cleaned. Estimated loss: $180. Aug. 22.
• Safeway supermarket employees intercepted someone who had filled a shopping cart with merchandise and was leaving the store without paying for it. The employees recovered the merchandise but the suspect fled. No loss. Aug. 27.
• Someone stole clothing from two dryers at a coin-operated laundry in the 900 block of El Camino Real. No estimate for losses. Aug. 26.
• A cellphone was reported stolen from an unlocked locker at Burgess swimming pool and later found inside a clothes spinner and returned to the owner. Aug. 25.
• A customer at Walgreens on Santa Cruz Avenue reported her car keys stolen from a counter top. The incident was captured on in-store video and an investigation is in progress. Aug. 25.
• A resident of Brandon Way bought prepaid cash cards and provided the card numbers to someone claiming to be from the Internal Revenue Service. The caller told her she faced being arrested for unpaid back taxes. Estimated loss: $4,450. Aug. 26.
• A resident who happened to have an outstanding debt to a business reported falling victim to someone who called from a fictitious company and demanded payment. The resident believed the call to be related to the unpaid debt. Estimated loss: $491. Aug. 28.
Illegal dumping report: Someone left a large piece of machinery near a dumpster outside Celia's restaurant at 1850 El Camino Real. Aug. 28.