http://almanacnews.com/print/story/print/2012/06/20/fire-burns-porch-and-cat-bedding


Almanac

News - June 20, 2012

Fire burns porch and cat bedding

by Dave Boyce

A one-alarm fire burned a bench and bedding for several cats on the front porch of a two-story home at 407 Bay Road in Menlo Park on Friday afternoon, June 15, but firefighters quickly contained the fire and limited the structural damage, Chief Harold Schapelhouman of the Menlo Park Fire Protection District told the Almanac.

An always-on electric blanket for the cats is being looked at as the source of the fire, Chief Schapelhouman said. There were no injuries, he said. The house is home to three people.

The fire at one point spread to the surface of the front of the home and reached up to the eaves, but never penetrated the interior of the house, he said.

"They knocked it down real quick," the chief said.

The fire caused about $10,000 in damage to the structure and maybe $500 to the contents, he said.

Comments

There are no comments yet for this post