Residential burglary report: A purse and a stereo with a total estimated value of $160 are missing after someone kicked in a locked exterior door of a home on Hamilton Avenue on Feb. 12.
Auto burglary reports:
• Losses are estimated at $1,000 in the theft of two purses and $500 in cash from a locked vehicle entered by unknown means on Marsh Road on Feb. 10.
• A purse and miscellaneous contents valued at $329 is missing from a locked vehicle entered by unknown means on Terminal Avenue on Feb. 10.
• Someone smashed the passenger side windows of a vehicle on Glenwood Avenue and stole an Apple iPod, a Bluetooth device and a sports bag on Feb. 6 for an estimated loss of $300. A citizen reported hearing a car alarm and seeing someone fleeing the area, police said.
• Losses estimated at $548 in the theft of three sweaters from off their hangers at Afterwards, a used-clothing shop at 1159 El Camino Real on Feb. 12.
• A bike valued at $379 and locked to a pole at Doyle Street and Santa Cruz Avenue was reported stolen on Feb. 9.
• Losses were put at $113 in the theft of a wallet containing credit cards from an unlocked locker in a workplace on Constitution Drive on Feb. 8.
Fraud report: A woman from Hobart Street wired an unknown amount of money — possibly as much as $7,000 — to someone claiming to be her grandson and in jail in Mexico before learning that her grandson was not in Mexico and not in jail, according to a Feb. 8 police report.
WEST MENLO PARK
Fraud report: A woman on Valparaiso Avenue reported 14 fraudulent transactions, totaling $1,300, from her checking account on Feb. 13.
Theft report: Someone stole an unlocked bike valued at $500 from a bike rack at Canada College on Farm Hill Boulevard on Feb. 13.