http://almanacnews.com/print/story/print/2013/06/26/menlo-park-drive-by-shooting-injures-two


Almanac

News - June 26, 2013

Menlo Park drive-by shooting injures two

by Sue Dremman

Two men sitting in the driveway of Hamilton Avenue residence were shot Saturday night, Menlo Park police said.

Officers responded on June 22 at 10:15 p.m. to several calls about gunshots and possible victims on the 400 block of Hamilton Avenue, the block where Belle Haven Elementary School is located. They found evidence of a shooting and that at least one person had been injured, but failed to find any victims or cooperative witnesses, police said.

Officers contacted local hospitals and discovered two shooting victims had just walked into a hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening. The victims, a 22-year-old Fremont man and a 27-year-old Menlo Park resident, told police they were sitting in the home's driveway when an SUV pulled up in front of the house. An unknown person in the vehicle shot at them multiple times, they said. The car then drove off northbound on Hamilton Avenue.

The suspect car is described as a light-colored — possibly silver — SUV occupied by an unknown number of people.

Police ask anyone who might have information or who witnessed the incident to call detectives at 330-6300 or the anonymous tip line at 330-6395.

Comments

There are no comments yet for this post