WEST MENLO PARK
Animal bite report: A young cyclist traveling south on Cloud Avenue with his mother and brother, also on a bike, was bitten on the thigh by an unleashed mixed-breed Labrador retriever. The dog held on for a few seconds and the boy was taken to Stanford hospital with puncture wounds in his thigh from the dog's teeth, Aug. 1.
Residential burglary report: Someone broke a glass door into the kitchen of a home on Linaria Way, rummaged through the rooms of the house and stole an Apple iMac computer with an estimated value of $2,500, Aug. 4.
Fraud report: The checking account of a La Cuesta Drive resident was down by about $5,700 after someone made unauthorized money transfers online to other accounts, July 29.
Residential burglary report: Nothing is missing from a Greer Road home that someone had entered through a window while the owner was away, July 31.
Residential burglary report: A bicycle with a value of $750 is missing after having been locked in a parking area under an apartment complex in the first block of Willow Road, Aug. 4.
Commercial burglary reports:
• Someone using bolt cutters broke into Menlo Velo Bicycles at 433 El Camino Real, triggered an audible burglar alarm, and stole two "high end" bicycles with a combined value of $13,000, Aug. 8.
• About $1,000 in coins is missing from Jason's Cafe at 1246 El Camino Real after someone broke a back window and ransacked the office, Aug. 5.
• Police made a shoplifting arrest at Draeger's Supermarket at 1010 University Drive, Aug. 3.
Auto burglary reports:
• Someone smashed a window of a vehicle parked in the first block of Willow Road and stole a purse whose contents included $100 in cash for an estimated loss totaling $275, Aug. 10.
• Jumper cables, an atlas and a suitcase containing white sheets, a terry cloth robe, ceramic knick knacks and a photo album are missing after someone smashed a rear window of a vehicle parked on Sharon Road, Aug. 4.
• Three pairs of earrings, a broach and a ring with a combined value of $1,600 are missing from a house on Marmona Drive, Aug. 5.
• A locked bike with a reported value of $550 was stolen from a carport on Roble Avenue, Aug. 7.
• Someone stole a $450 Apple iPad from an unattended desk at Facebook Corp. at Hacker Way, Aug. 8.
• A $400 bike locked to a fence on Hillview Drive is missing and believed stolen, Aug. 5.
• A purple Giant-brand bike with a torn seat and a $130 value is missing from a front porch on Carlton Avenue, Aug. 7.
• Someone stole a bike from in front of a market in the 1300 block of Willow Road, Aug. 4.
• Thieves stole the rear license plates from two vehicles, one on Windermere Avenue and the other on Terminal Avenue, Aug. 4 and 5.
Fraud report: A resident of Arden Road, responding to an ad on Craigslist, paid $350 for two concert tickets that were later found to be duplicates of an existing authentic ticket, Aug. 2.
This story contains 549 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.