Hit-and-run with injury report: The driver of a tan 1997 Honda Accord traveling westbound on Bayfront Expressway at a high rate of speed lost traction and the control of his vehicle while making a left turn on to University Avenue. The Honda collided with the right front side of a white BMW SUV sitting at a traffic light, but while both vehicles suffered major damage, no one was seriously injured, police said. When the Honda came to rest, the car's four occupants got out and fled on foot, but were captured by police, who arrested the driver on suspicion of hit-and-run and possession of a stolen vehicle, Aug. 11.
Reckless driving report: Police arrested a man driving a 2013 Dodge at about 1:50 a.m. near Sand Hill Road and Pasteur Drive after he was observed fishtailing his vehicle and exceeding the speed limit, Aug. 14.
Residential burglary reports:
• A resident of Chester Street told police that someone "tore away" a window-mounted air-conditioning unit, climbed inside the house and stole three laptop computers and a bicycle for a total loss of around $4,150, Aug. 14.
• Someone cut a hole in the chain link fence of a business in the 1100 block of O'Brien Drive and stole an acetylene tank and an oxygen tank for an estimated loss of $400, Aug. 12.
• A resident of Haight Street found evidence that someone crawled through an open bathroom window and rummaged through some bedroom drawers but left without taking anything, Aug. 14.
Auto burglary reports:
• The owner of an unlocked vehicle parked in the 200 block of Waverley Street reported a wallet stolen from the vehicle's center console. The estimated loss of $100 included the wallet and $60 in cash, Aug. 12.
• A wallet was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 1600 block of Marsh Road, but it's unclear how the thief gained entry. The loss of $74 included the wallet and $30 in cash, Aug. 13.
• Someone stole a $1,200 gray Trek Soho bicycle that had been locked and stored under a covered patio at an apartment building on Fremont Place, Aug. 15.
• An unlocked Scattante bicycle and the attached bike trailer, total value of $1,200, are missing from a carport of an apartment on Coleman Avenue, Aug. 15.
• A paint sprayer worth about $550 and sitting in the open bed of a pickup truck was stolen while the truck was parked in the 1300 block of Sevier Avenue, Aug. 12.
• Someone stole a cell phone left on a counter top at a business in the 1300 block of Willow Road. The estimated loss is $700, Aug. 12.
• Bed linens valued at $100 were stolen from an an unattended dryer in a commercial laundry in the 900 block of El Camino Real, Aug. 14.
Fraud report: Someone made an unauthorized charge of $323 in Los Angeles against the debit card of a resident of Roble Avenue, Aug. 13.
Residential burglary report: A screen missing from a second-story window, a locked back door showing damage, evidence of someone having rummaged through several rooms, and the resident's iMac computer found in an outside garbage can: these were the signs of a residential break-in in the 100 block of La Honda Road by someone unknown and unseen by witnesses, Aug. 9.
Traffic accident report: A cyclist headed east on Woodside Road suffered "moderate" injuries to his left ankle and left leg and was taken to Stanford Hospital after colliding with a westbound vehicle making a left turn into the parking lot of Woodside Elementary School. The collision ejected the cyclist from his bike and propelled him on to the hood and into the windshield of the vehicle, Aug. 12.