• A woman shopping at Roberts Market had left her car in the parking lot with the trunk open and the windows partially open for cross-ventilation for her dog. When she returned, she discovered that $575 in items were missing, Aug. 17.
• Someone bought an Apple iPad for $641 via an unauthorized use of credit card information belonging to a resident of Woodside Drive, Aug. 22.
• A vending machine was found pried open and missing an unknown amount of cash on the campus of Canada Community College on Farm Hill Boulevard, Aug. 24.
Assault and battery report: A fist-fight involving two students from Woodside High School left one student with minor scratches on his right elbow from a fall, and bumps on the back of his head from where he had been hit approximately six times. The student refused medical treatment and school officials interviewed both students the next day, Aug. 23.
Residential burglary report: A $500 antique musket-style pistol that had been rendered inoperative is missing from its display stand in a house on Los Trancos Road. The pistol was last seen in April during an appraisal of the resident's firearms, Aug. 21.
Auto burglary report: Someone broke into a locked vehicle parked near Willowbrook and Alpine roads and left the vehicle with about $1,100 in damages and losses, Aug. 24.
WEST MENLO PARK
Residential burglary report: Someone entered a home on Alameda de las Pulgas via an unlocked garage door and stole electronic equipment, jewelry, foreign coins, non-lethal plastic replica guns (air-soft guns) and clothing for a total loss of about $9,900. The thief or thieves left via the front door or a sliding glass door in the bedroom. A suspicious vehicle was spotted in the area, but not the occupants, Aug. 21.
Embezzlement report: There are no leads yet in a complaint from a business in the 3000 block of Alameda de las Pulgas about $1,500 missing from cash accounts over the span of three months. All employees have access to the cash register, Aug. 21.
Residential burglary reports:
• Using an unlocked side door for entry into a house on Gresham Lane, someone got away with $300 in cash and the keys to a Mercedes vehicle, which was then burglarized and is missing a set of $50 rhinestone earrings and a Bluetooth device, Aug. 15.
• Someone shattered a window of an Atherton Avenue home, Aug. 13.
Residential burglary reports:
• Someone entered a house on Woodland Avenue through an unlocked back window and got away with electronic gear valued at $9,000, Aug. 23.
• A bag of jewelry valued at $500 is missing from a guest cottage at the rear of a property on Laurel Avenue, Aug. 21.
• A mountain bike with a value of $400 was stolen from a carport on Waverley Street, Aug. 27.
Commercial burglary report: Menlo Supply, a plumbing supply wholesaler on Constitution Drive, was left with a broken window but nothing missing after a break-in, Aug. 24.
Auto burglary reports:
• A digital camera, coins and a CD, with a total estimated value of about $120, were reported missing from a locked vehicle that was parked on Waverley Street, Aug. 24.
• Someone broke into a vehicle parked on Linfield Drive and stole a $120 GPS device, Aug. 24.
• A Facebook employee at Hacker Way is missing a bicycle with a value of $5,000, Aug. 26.
• Someone stole $1,400 in equipment, including a chain saw, a climbing saddle and maintenance equipment, from Davey Tree Expert Co. on Independence Drive, Aug. 27.
• At Job Train on O'Brien Drive, someone stole a $615 cell phone and a driver's license, Aug. 26.
• A thief absconded with $53 in beer from the Safeway supermarket on Sharon Park Drive in Sharon Heights, Aug. 25.
• While at the Safeway supermarket on El Camino Real, a shopper discovered a wallet taken from the shopping cart, and later, $4,000 in unauthorized purchases, Aug. 28.
• A package containing $25 in goods, including a home-theater cable and items for the resident's dog, was stolen from the front porch of a Madera Avenue home, Aug. 19.
Stolen vehicle report: Someone stole a 1992 blue Honda Accord from the 1200 block of Willow road, Aug. 21.