Exhibit-of-weapon report: A student at Woodside High School brought a folding pocket knife to school and allegedly brandished it, with the blade open, at another Woodside student "in an aggressive and threatening manner," police said. The knife's owner is reported to have denied being aggressive or threatening, but deputies cited him, released him to the care of his mother, and booked his knife as evidence, Sept. 10.
Trespassing report: A resident of Hacienda Drive witnessed a man scaling the residence's 8-foot iron security gate and walking down the driveway. Upon being discovered, the man ran back to gate, climbed over it and fled in a Mercedes-Benz SUV, Sept. 7.
Theft report: A resident of Barry Lane sold an item on eBay for $50 to someone in Philadelphia, but has yet to receive payment, Sept. 8.
Residential burglary reports:
• Someone entered a house under construction on Santa Cruz Avenue through an unlocked sliding rear door and stole six door handles for a loss estimated at $400, Sept. 11.
• By forcing open a window, someone entered a house on Van Buren Road, but took nothing. Police arrested a suspect on burglary charges, Sept. 12.
Commercial burglary reports:
• Three doors of businesses in the 200 block of Middlefield Road were found to have pry marks on them, but no evidence of anyone having gained entry to the buildings, Sept. 10 and 11.
• Police arrested a Redwood City man on suspicion of burglary, saying that the man allegedly absconded from the Safeway supermarket at 525 El Camino Real with three bottles of alcoholic beverages that he had not paid for, Sept. 10.
• Police are looking for three women who abandoned a shopping cart in a store in the 500 block of El Camino Real and fled after being seen by a store manager. The manager spotted them attempting to leave the store with baby formula and baby wipes that had not been paid for, Sept. 12.
Auto burglary report: Someone broke a rear passenger window of a vehicle parked in the 2900 block of Sand Hill Road and stole a backpack containing a laptop computer and a carry-on bag containing clothing for an estimated loss of $3,150, Sept. 8.
• Police are investigating accusations by a resident of Morey Drive that an acquaintance borrowed $20,000 for a business investment and has yet to pay it back, Sept. 9.
• A $470 bicycle locked at a residence in the 900 block of Santa Cruz Avenue is missing, Sept. 11.
• Someone stole a blue newspaper rack with a $400 value from the first block of Middlefield Road, Sept. 11.
• A $225 cell phone inadvertently left in a public restroom in the 1300 block of Willow Road was missing when its owner returned to retrieve it, Sept. 6.
• A woman left a $200 Apple iPhone on a bench in the 500 block of Laurel Street and when she came back, it was gone, Sept. 11.
• Four packages and an envelope with a total value of $195 are missing from the front porch of a home on Marmona Drive, Sept. 7.
• Medications bought by mail were found missing from a mailbox on Laurel Avenue, Sept. 12.
• Police are looking for two suspects in the theft of a case of beer from a storage area behind the Safeway supermarket on Sharon Park Drive. A store employee interrupted the thieves in the act of stealing three cases of beer and recovered two of them, Sept. 12.
This story contains 606 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.