Residential burglary report: Two pairs of earrings and a ring are missing from a house on Possum Lane for a loss totaling about $16,400, Oct. 10.
WEST MENLO PARK
Residential burglary report: Several tools with an estimated total value of $2,431 were found missing from a home construction site on Stanford Avenue. The tools had been left overnight in a small room that could not be completely secured, Oct. 10.
Residential burglary report: A construction worker working on an unfinished house on Corona Way reported that the interior of the house had been ransacked and appeared to be missing a TV. When the resident returned from a trip, he reported that on his front porch, he found a flat-screen TV and other items thought to be stolen, Oct. 13.
Residential burglary report: Someone tried to open a glass door into a residence in the 100 block of Old La Honda Road but was unsuccessful and fled the scene, Oct. 15.
Accident report: A northbound bicyclist collided with the passenger-side mirror of a northbound vehicle as the vehicle was making a right turn from Portola Road onto Family Farm Road. The accident threw the cyclist from his bike and caused him minor abrasions and some pain and he was taken to the hospital for observation, Oct. 12.
Commercial burglary report: Someone entered the parking lot of Memry Corp. on Campbell Avenue and stole 240 pounds of nickle-titanium metal with a value of about $10,800, Oct. 11.
Residential burglary report: A resident of Waverley Street found the door to a storage room kicked in and that tools and hardware were missing from the room, Oct. 8.
Auto burglary report: Someone smashed a window of a vehicle parked near Marsh Road and Bayfront Expressway and stole a purse for a total loss estimated at $156, including $85 in cash, Oct. 13.
• A resident visiting the main police station on Laurel Street alleged that a relative stole $20,000 from the family trust in the mid-1980s. The family had discovered the alleged theft in late 2010 and tried to settle it, but efforts to resolve the matter internally led to further accusations and to the police getting involved, Oct. 7.
• Jewelry with a value of about $2,500 and belonging to a resident of Hamilton Avenue is missing, Oct. 12.
• Someone stole a wallet for a total loss of about $1,650, including $450 in cash, from an unlocked vehicle parked on Bay Road, Oct. 10.
• A cellphone, driver's license and debit card, with a total value of about $240, are missing from an unlocked storage cubby at the public gym on Laurel Street, Oct. 7.
• A cash register at the outpatient facility of the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at 321 Middlefield Road is missing $170, Oct. 17.
• Someone absconded with a $157 car cover from a vehicle parked in a carport on Oak Court, Oct. 10.
• A watch with a value of $120 was found missing from a backpack after the backpack's owner visited Kelly Park on Terminal Avenue, Oct. 10.
• Three people are suspected of conspiracy in the theft of $52 worth of baby formula from the Safeway supermarket on Sharon Park Drive, Oct. 14.
Fraud report: A woman on a cab ride from San Francisco to the 1300 block of Mills Street told the cabbie upon arriving on Mills Street that she had to go inside to get money for the fare, but then never returned, Oct. 5.
Stolen vehicle report: A gray 2008 BMW was stolen from the 1100 block of El Camino Real, Oct. 16.