• A woman from Berkeley Avenue and a man from Euclid Avenue told police that blank checks had been stolen from their mailboxes. The woman reported a check forged for $20,000 and the man reported a $19,000 forgery. May 6 and May 2.
• In response to a phone call from someone claiming to be from the Miami Police Department, a man from Laurel Avenue wired $2,000 to post bail for his granddaughter, allegedly in a Miami jail. May 2.
• A resident of Madera Avenue told police that someone stole his credit card and bought an airline ticket for $1,318. May 5.
Residential burglary report: Someone stole tools from two residences under construction. The estimated loss is $2,645 from a Wood Lane home, and an unstated loss from a San Mateo Drive home. May 9.
• A woman living in the 1900 block of Santa Cruz Avenue told police that someone stole pieces of jewelry with a value of $1,200. May 7.
• A bag containing a laptop computer and a wallet, a total value of $1,020, was stolen from a locker at Facebook at Hacker Way. May 7.
• Someone stole a locked metal box from a home in the 1300 block of Willow Road. The contents included $60 in cash, jewelry and prescription medication, a total loss of about $141. May 4.
• A man had his hair cut at Golden Shears barbershop on Santa Cruz Avenue and walked out of the barbershop without paying. May 2.
This story contains 272 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.