Residential burglary reports:
• Someone pried open a side door to a home under construction and stole tools and a briefcase with an Apple iPad inside. Estimated loss: $18,900. July 3.
• Leaving no signs of forced entry, someone entered a home on West California Way and stole one jewelry box from a room containing several jewelry boxes. No estimate of losses. July 7.
Theft report: A wireless camera used to photograph wild animals was stolen from the Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve on Sand Hill Road. Estimated loss: $1,200. July 7.
Commercial burglary report: Someone entered an office on Alma Street and tried, unsuccessfully, to pry open a desk drawer. No losses: July 7.
Auto burglary report: A FasTrak electronic toll collection device, a wallet, a key chain and a vehicle manual were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked on Dunsmuir Way. Estimated loss: $200. July 5.
Theft report: Two bottles of champagne were stolen from the Safeway supermarket on Sharon Park Drive. Estimated loss: $114. July 6.
• A man entered Bank of America on Santa Cruz Avenue, attempted to cash a fraudulent check, was unsuccessful and left in a vehicle, leaving his ID in the bank. Police stopped the vehicle and discovered three other occupants. All four were arrested and booked into jail on charges that included conspiracy, burglary, forgery and possession of fraudulent ID. July 8.
• A cyclist heading east on Ravenswood Avenue collided with a vehicle heading in the same direction that was turning right onto Alma Street but that had stopped for pedestrians in the crosswalk. The cyclist suffered "non-life-threatening injuries" and refused medical treatment. July 7.
• A cyclist waiting in the northbound lane of Gilbert Avenue for the traffic light at Willow Road to change was struck by a vehicle that entered the northbound lane while turning south on to Gilbert. The cyclist suffered "non-life-threatening injuries" and refused medical treatment. July 9.