Post a New Topic
Original post made
by Hombre con Hambre
on Nov 16, 2006
Thanks for the tip. I've found the food at Lulu's a little bland the few times I've been there, but I'll give your suggestion a try.
My discovery of the week is the Foghead burrito at Una Mas on Santa Cruz Avenue. I'll be going back for more of the same, and to explore some of the other interesting thngs on the menu, which has been updated since the last time I went there.
Where is Lulu's? 3539 Alameda de las Pulgas in West Menlo Park (or University Heights, as some call the neighborhood).
I found this review in a Google search: Web Link
That's the spot, across from Lutticken's.
I'm not a fan of anything else on the menu, but the carnitas are totally worth it!
The fish soft tacos are also excellent. They are grilled, not the typical, deep-fried Baja style, but absolutely delicious.
Lulu's may well have great Mexican food but I'm never going to find out in any detail. (I did eat there once years ago when it first opened.) Why? Because Rubio's in Menlo Park has great Mexican food, imagination in the menu, unparalleled salsas, and their prices beat Lulu's like a gong.
Not to mention that you can sit down inside without being cheek by jowl with the counter.
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Look at the week
By Cheryl Bac | 2 comments | 962 views
Developers and Development
By Steve Levy | 11 comments | 931 views
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 733 views
By Laura Stec | 6 comments | 701 views
What it's like to have a tween
By Jessica T | 0 comments | 503 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2013 The Almanac
All rights reserved.