Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jan 1, 2008
My deepest sympathy to the family of Bob McKee.
He was like a little brother to me, we played together from age 4 or 5, in the redwoods, fields and creeks of Woodside. He will never be forgotten.
Bob and I were friends for forty years. Growing up together in Woodside, we graduated together from Portola Valley School, and maintained our close friendship no matter where life and the years took us. Bob was my confidente, teacher and accomplice in many a hairbrained scheme as we made our ways in the world. Together with his wife Diane, we weathered the storms and celebrated the joys of our lives. The world will be a strange place for me without him in it.
My deepest sympathies go out to his mother, Barbara, his brother, John and his sister, Paula, but more importantly to his wife, Diane, who will be in our thoughts and prayers always.
Bob was the kind of person who always sought adventure in his daily pursuits, and made everything we did together more exciting.
I'll miss him on the mountain when I ski, in the twisties when I ride, and most of all, I'll miss his laughter and his honesty.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
A Love Script? A Dyadic Encounter
By Chandrama Anderson | 2 comments | 2,051 views
USA - United Stuffed of America
By Laura Stec | 2 comments | 1,669 views
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 2 comments | 1,474 views
Sometimes the Rules Go Out the Window
By Cheryl Bac | 5 comments | 1,275 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.