Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Feb 14, 2008
My experience is that of a retired facilitator of change teams in a large Company. Your community is so fortunate in having both candidates familiar with CPS creative problem solving. Here are several reasons among many:
1. CPS is built on a collection of team plays organized around a process that is far more inclusive than, for example, Roberts Rules of Order, or more focused than "discussion" of problem situations.
2. CPS calls forth the best in people while they stay together, focused on a situation that challenges something they believe is important to their community.
3. CPS is a repeatable way to tap into the best thinking and imagination of extremely broad categories of people -- experts, non-experts, adults, children, etc. What better common-language could a community wish for for its school systems.
My wish for Almanac readers is that whoever wins the election will enlist the energy and CPS team skills of the other runnee.
Make your luck good!
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
I Told My Mom She's Dying
By Chandrama Anderson | 10 comments | 2,322 views
Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 1,510 views
Quick Check List for UC Applications
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 922 views
Fancy Fast and Fun!
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 831 views
“I live near Sunset”
By Stuart Soffer | 5 comments | 369 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.