Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Mar 27, 2008
Re 3/28/08 on the Lowrys' appeal and Atherton not publishing legal notices because there's not a newspaper in printed or published in the Town of Atherton:
Posting on the Town Bulletin board is not a method the Town would use to give notice if it actually wanted its citizens to have notice of a pending zoning law change and such.
Assuming posting on the Town bulletin board meets the "letter of law" in terms of providing notice, it certainly is not in compliance with the "spirit of the law", which is to give notice of a zoning law change and such before that zoning law change is implemented.
Assuming posting on the Town bulletin board technically suffices, it falls far short of the notice one would reasonably expect the Town to give to its residents if it actually wanted the residents to have notice. Its "going through the motions", but not really trying to get the job done. In other words, its an elevation of form over substance. It allows the Town say it gave the required notice, when in fact it gave real notice to the citizens at all.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Continuation of Office Cap Discussion
By Steve Levy | 17 comments | 3,329 views
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 1 comment | 2,390 views
Ramen shop replaces Muracciís in Los Altos
By Elena Kadvany | 10 comments | 2,218 views
"Itís Not About the Nail"
By Chandrama Anderson | 3 comments | 1,702 views
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 1,218 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.