Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Apr 30, 2008
Didn't Boesch leave MP a scandal ridden mess? I seem to remember some issues. Surely the county can do better.
A "scandal ridden mess"? Let's see:
The $6 million-plus taxpayer-financed pool was privatized with hardly a nod to the public process.
Bayfront Park was almost semi-privatized when a private golf course plan (thankfully, it fell through) was fast-tracked by the council majority and city staff, again with hardly a nod to the public process.
The majority of veteran officers fled from the police force, giving clear signals that there was a huge problem in the department. The Boesch-appointed police chief remained at the helm until he got a better offer and left on his own accord.
Using data and analysis from the city's finance office, the council told the public that the city was in financial distress and needed a utility tax. After the tax passed, the crisis was discovered not to exist.
Not even the council was able to get a clear picture of the city's finances, getting mixed messages from the finance department and various staff members.
A mess -- no question. Scandal-ridden? Depends on how you define scandal. I certainly think management that leads to such dismal results is scandalous.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
I Told My Mom She's Dying
By Chandrama Anderson | 10 comments | 2,227 views
Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 1,323 views
Fancy Fast and Fun!
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 759 views
Hit the Bus
By Paul Bendix | 4 comments | 407 views
“I live near Sunset”
By Stuart Soffer | 3 comments | 275 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.