Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Oct 1, 2008
Voting against this is shortsighted indeed. If we never approved projects because they would impact us because of construction or aesthetics then 101 and 280 would never have been built.
Another reason to defeat Fergusson this November. Cline and Haywire, you're next.
Another Boyle parasite with the same ideological garbage. Boyle spends his free time rewriting HSR brochures and passing them off as editorials.
Our city council is wasting our time & money. We should embrace the train, and work to have it come through Menlo in a way that works best for us.
NIMBY attitudes prevented BART from circling the bay. NIMBY attitudes on the HSR may mess it up as well.
If you live near the train tracks, you live with train noise and dust. I live near 101, I put up with 101 noise and dust. Will you vote to close 101 so I don't have to put up with it?
I have yet to hear a single penny going out for this lawsuit. Wasting money? Try $10 billion dollars with failing financial institutions and a worsening economy. You gotta be kidding me.
Don't make this a train debate.
This is about getting HSR to provide details that matter to us. If 101 was to be expanded to twice its size and homes were in the way of that, I would hope our council would stand up and not sell out Menlo Park to regional interests the way Boyle has done.
You guys are a joke.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Help! I’m Covered in Bugs
By Laura Stec | 2 comments | 1,545 views
Constitution Guarantees Nationwide Right to Same-Sex Marriage
By Chandrama Anderson | 25 comments | 1,261 views
Calave wine bar opens in Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 1,249 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.