Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Oct 14, 2008
During the last two years, former Finance Director John Johns has gone to the press four times to critize other Atherton staff members; starting with Building Official Mike Hood (ret.), Chief Bob Brennan (ret.), City Manager Jim Robinson (ret.), and former Assistant to the City Manager and Interim City Manager Wende Protzman (now Assistant City Manager of Solana Beach).
Now City Attorney Marc Hynes' actions are being criticized.
As with the above members of staff, my opinion is that Marc Hynes acted appropriately, and the criticism is unwarranted. There was no "malicious prosecution."
John Johns used town equipment for his outside consulting work, and was repeatedly asked to correct his time card and take vacation or sick time for days not in the Atherton Town Hall.
The District Attorney thought it appropriate to investigate these actions and Marc Hynes represented Atherton well during the investigation.
I hear the former Finance Director has issued a public records request for Charles Marsala's personal e-mail account.
Apparently Charles thought he could avoid the California Public Records Act by using his personal e-mail account for Town business
If I were Charles I wouldn't try and pull a Frank Quatrone and "tidy up his mailbox" after all. There's a new majority on the Council and he may no longer have as many friends in town as he once did.
Who knows who might be monitoring his Yahoo account at the moment. (Can you spell REACT Task Force?)
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
It Can Wait
By Cheryl Bac | 4 comments | 2,754 views
Hit the Bus
By Paul Bendix | 3 comments | 329 views
“I live near Sunset”
By Stuart Soffer | 0 comments | 50 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.