UPDATE: Woodside man's yacht slowly sails across dry land to dock at Pete's Harbor

Original post made on Jan 12, 2009

The 73-foot yacht built by Woodside resident Jerry Ellis that was temporarily stranded at Sand Hill and Whiskey Hill roads made it to safe harbor -- Pete's Harbor in Redwood City, specifically -- on Saturday morning, according to Redwood City police.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, January 9, 2009, 4:30 PM

+   Like this comment
Posted by Tammy
on Jan 12, 2009 at 7:55 am

The Little Bear Yacht was never going to Petes Harbor. It arrived at Docktown Marina on Saturday afternoon and was launched at high tide around noon. See pictures at the Peninsula Yacht Club website.

+   Like this comment
Posted by Tammy
on Jan 12, 2009 at 8:45 am

It was launched on Sunday at around noon.

+   Like this comment
Posted by Tammy
on Jan 13, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Pictures are posted at Web Link

+   Like this comment
Posted by Arlene Zinkel
a resident of Woodside: Mountain Home Road
on Nov 4, 2010 at 11:35 am

Congrats..I still think you need to send me some pictures. 71 holy cow that must mean I am in my 50's. Yikes.The thing I miss most about you is not the money, not the gorgeous home..but your arms around me in nice Hug. You are a one in a million and I am so proud of you and your talent. say Hi to Kenny and Kristin for me. I have so many wonderful memories of them. my addressis 160 Surfbird Court, Guadalpe, Calif 93434. I was thinking about your Dad just a few days ago..good memories..he was such a nice man..I should have dated him

+   Like this comment
Posted by Arlene
a resident of Woodside: Mountain Home Road
on Nov 4, 2010 at 11:43 am

and would you please have a flotation device on your body. I remember Papa Tom in Hawaii telling me that they found your boat Thelma at sea, I don't want to see a repeat of that. Stay safe !!

+   Like this comment
Posted by Arlene
a resident of Woodside: Mountain Home Road
on Nov 4, 2010 at 11:50 am

ps. I breed german Shepherds now

+   Like this comment
Posted by Arlene
a resident of Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
on Dec 23, 2010 at 7:07 am

you still need to send me some pictures of the new Boat. Say hi to Kristin and Kenny. Stay safe. If you ever get to Hawaii look up Charlie Robinson, Hickam Harbor.

+   Like this comment
Posted by bob
a resident of Portola Valley: Westridge
on Jan 14, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I saw your boat at svensons on Jan. 13 2011 it's a beauty!!
I live in Portola valley and when I searched "little Bear" i was thrilled to learn that you built it in woodside. I'm about to haul my 1940 beauty at Svensons and i look forward to seeing Little bear again
If you ever need crew for her let me know/
bob
650-391-5156
Bddtc@aol.com

+   Like this comment
Posted by CoraMegan@Yahoo.com
a resident of Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
on Sep 5, 2011 at 8:55 am

Jerry, just think of you and wondering if "Little Bear" is in the water and you are sailing. Hopefully you will have MANY years sailing
her. Don't forget to try to get up the Rio Dulce in Guatemala. It is the most beautiful place in the world, with Black Sand Beaches where you can go in at night and the ocean is like a Hot Tub. You can walk out 1/2 mile and you are only neck deep. Truely Heaven there. I breed German Shepherds now. Take one with you because I am sure that your boat is so beautiful that the pirates out there will want it also. Be safe and enjoy your sailing. FRom the defective Z person

+   Like this comment
Posted by agz
a resident of Woodside: other
on May 6, 2014 at 6:07 pm

thinking of you, I am still as flawed as ever