Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Apr 27, 2009
The old J Z Cool was terrific. The new version hasn't been nearly as good. The #1 change though has been a decline in the quality of food. Under the old model, the food was exceptional. Following the transition over the past year or two, the food has only been so-so, and has likely encouraged Jessie Cool to close the venue since she has other successful ventures nearby. Too bad. It used to be such a great place and with minor changes could have survived and even done exceptional. But with the poorly thought through changes, it really finished the place off. There's lot of competition in the area, and mistakes like the one that was made can't be easily (or ever) undone.
As much as I liked the entertainment, the venue was too small for it. We did not enjoy eating with such loud music, and such small portions. I also think that the quality of the food went downhill in the recent year or so. We do wish Jessie well and hope she picks a better model this time. We used to love her food!
I was sorry when jZCool closed ... two years ago. The casual eatery was a favorite. I used to eat there once a week or more.
I tried the fancy wine bar incarnation once and had no desire to ever go back.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 6 comments | 3,863 views
What Freshmen Should be Thinking About College
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 17 comments | 2,871 views
Sometimes the Rules Go Out the Window
By Cheryl Bac | 5 comments | 1,854 views
Waiting on the Edge of Death
By Chandrama Anderson | 6 comments | 1,263 views
Menlo Park Playing Nicely
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 231 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.