Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Sep 24, 2009
10 years is too long a period to sign.
The citywide collection day worked well in SF. While some might find it objectionable, it was a good opportunity for scavengers to come around and collect stuff all at once, which was then presumably recycled by being resold, rather then ending up in a landfill.
10 years may or may not be too long for a contract for your community. However, in the spirit of being a good neighbor, you may want to find out if Recology would plan to dump your trash and non-recyclables in a small Nevada community as part of the 5000 TONS of trash, per week, 5 days per week for 95 years they plan to haul in from the general bay area. 95 years is a REALLY long time. Most of my friends and family in the bay area don't want any part of this type of plan.
Check it out: www.nevadansagainstgarbage.com , join the face book group Web Link follow desertplaya on twitter and tweet your views using #noCAtrashinNV
I think 5 years is long enough. not 10.
If it's a good contract (Devil's in the details) 10 years may be OK with an option to review after 5 yaears.
If Recology can offer a better service: i.e. more recyclable items, food scraps, etc. - that is great.
1. Length of contract is a concern. I'd prefer 3 years and a review period, with an option to extend.
2. Will it cost me more? I am concerned that costs will be passed on to us, the residents...
3. Where/how they process the waste and recyclables? Which landfill? How are they planning to use the recyclables (I hope none gets dumped as garbage...).
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Continuation of Office Cap Discussion
By Steve Levy | 17 comments | 3,366 views
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 1 comment | 2,410 views
Ramen shop replaces Muracciís in Los Altos
By Elena Kadvany | 10 comments | 2,249 views
"Itís Not About the Nail"
By Chandrama Anderson | 3 comments | 1,717 views
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 1,227 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.