Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Mar 12, 2010
I hope that Menlo Park will think carefully about the effect of parking fees and fines on their attraction to shoppers and restaurant customers. I hardly ever go to San Francisco any more than absolutely necessary, because of the parking hassle and expense. I shall not forget that the last time we had a gathering of family in SF, the parking tab was $54, not a ticket, but cost. - If this happens in MP, I will stay with Redwood City and Palo Alto or where ever parking is free. - The problem of employee parking is one that needs an innovative solution. - One cannot build a home without a garage or carport,the same rules should apply to businesses.
I agree with your statements with one exception. Redwood City does charge for parking downtown. To rent your parking space is a pain. No parking meters. but pay stations.
I'm not sure if this is the case in all neighborhoods but in the places I've parked with the pay stations in Redwood city the fees begin after 1-2 hours.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 2 comments | 2,576 views
Ramen shop replaces Muracciís in Los Altos
By Elena Kadvany | 12 comments | 2,460 views
"Itís Not About the Nail"
By Chandrama Anderson | 4 comments | 1,840 views
Now Playing - Your Dinner!
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 720 views
Water War & Peace
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 44 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.