Finding support on both sides of the fence

Original post made on Apr 1, 2010

Ask Rich Gordon, a candidate for the state Assembly's 21st District seat, what makes him think he can bring people together and help end the divisiveness in Sacramento, and he's likely to point to his endorsements, and the disparate political viewpoints they represent.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, April 1, 2010, 2:02 PM

+   Like this comment
Posted by Joseph E. Davis
a resident of Woodside: Emerald Hills
on Apr 1, 2010 at 8:53 pm

My advice would be find out whichever candidate is endorsed by public sector unions, and then vote against that candidate.

+   Like this comment
Posted by Ranch Gal
a resident of Atherton: West Atherton
on Apr 2, 2010 at 12:38 pm

My thoughts exactly. In my opinion, watching Mr. Gordon in action over the years, (and I truly encourage citizens of this county to GO watch their stuipdvisors in action) he is a typical fat cat two faced politician who will do ANYTHING to further his public career. How about getting a job Mr. Gordon in the private sector instead of being a career politician on your way to the top? He's all about the Photo Op and the "award ceremony" and placating the squeaky wheel in my opinion.

+   Like this comment
Posted by Malcolm Dudley
a resident of Atherton: Lindenwood
on Apr 2, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Rich Gordon is one of the most conscientious, knowledgeable and hard working public servants I have worked with during my twenty four years in local government. With his background he will quickly become a very effective member of the State Legislature.

+   Like this comment
Posted by halle
a resident of Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
on Apr 2, 2010 at 4:20 pm

I will not vote for Gordon.

for very long after my neighbor was killed. Also, His office and him in particular refused to return a phone call about the crosswalk issue that involved perhaps changing its location. did not have police patrol in the area of Menlo Commons

+   Like this comment
Posted by Maria
a resident of Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
on Apr 2, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Will vote for anybody but Gordon. He won't return calls and he doesn't keep his word for long. I've been to a few of his meetings.

+   Like this comment
Posted by R.GORDON
on Apr 3, 2010 at 12:24 pm

He is an ambitious person.

I have seen many faces and he is not very popular for his recent services to the County.

A real "ribbon cutter".

+   Like this comment
Posted by Susan
a resident of Menlo Park: Felton Gables
on Apr 3, 2010 at 10:56 pm

I'll vote for anyone but him. I have watched him in action - it's all about Rich Gordon.

+   Like this comment
Posted by Lee Cunningham
a resident of Woodside: Emerald Hills
on Apr 4, 2010 at 8:11 am

If Rich Gordon hadn't been termed out, we would have thrown him out this year. THE WORST elected official. NEVER responsive to constituents unless dollars or self-promotion is involved. Josh Becker looks like a much better bet. I'll vote and, and more important, work the phones for him.

+   Like this comment
Posted by Steve
a resident of Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
on Apr 6, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I have to say, that like many others, I have not been impressed by Rich Gordon. I have found his office to be unresponsive, and the minimal exposure I have had to his work leads me to believe it is largely ineffective. Having the endorsement of over 100 elected officials impresses me not in the least. Their endorsement should rate no more value than any other citizen, and possibly less considering the fact that most politicians serve in dysfunctional organizations. He claims to have demonstrated fiscal responsibility, and yet he was a Supervisor during the most irresponsible investment of the County Treasury in SMC's history. It was Buffington's fault, but the complete lack of oversight by the Board of Sups was appalling.

California's state government is broken, and sending someone to Sacramento who is ensconsed in the political machinery already in place isn't going to help.

+   Like this comment
Posted by R.GORDON
on Apr 10, 2010 at 9:01 am

R.GORDON is a registered user.

May I suggest to everyone who questions Richard Gordon's credibility, is just to check online or in Redwood City, some of the work his staff of four or five people who do his investigatory work and look at the abhorrent and, in some cases, ways they attack when making reports.
They are uninformed, non trained, and stop answering calls to people who have grievous complaints. [Portion removed due to disrespectful comment. Focus on issues, not personal attacks.]

+   Like this comment
Posted by R.GORDON
on Apr 10, 2010 at 9:02 am

R.GORDON is a registered user.

WHY HAS ALMANAC BURIED THIS STORY?