Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Aug 29, 2010
Looks like an attempt by the developer/real estate industry to campaign before the November council election. Look at the attack on Andy Cohen and the praise lavished on Lee Duboc. Right-wing media here in our home town.
I wouldn't give them that much credit there, Jo. Their first attempt at a newsapaper went down the tubes super-quick - high school newspapers looked better than what they initially put out - so now they're trying to make a splash using slick paper, color photos and sensationalist stories/editorials/letters to the editor.
Their editorial this week was a incoherent joke - they targeted the MP city attorney of all people over the budget crunch and their "solution" to it was to immediately cut all city workers pay by 50%.
Then they printed letters to the editor from three of the biggest local muckrakers around - Pat White, Peter Carpenter and John Johns - which is way too coincidential - they must have solicited those 3 for letters.
I'm sure Hank Lawrence will be in next week, along with a guest opinion from Duboc.
Good for a laugh, but still definitely going nowhere fast.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 6 comments | 4,083 views
What Freshmen Should be Thinking About College
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 17 comments | 3,270 views
Waiting on the Edge of Death
By Chandrama Anderson | 6 comments | 1,731 views
Welcome Back Sugar Addict
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 1,579 views
Menlo Park Playing Nicely
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 322 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.