Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Sep 29, 2011
OK - so you realize this is just the beginning. You actually have to PURCHASE the pizza too. We are regulars there and were sad to hear Jim was closing the parlor. But the bandaid of $4500 will be of no value (except to save Mr. Meola's credit) if you do not frequent the restaurant! If you are making your coffee at home, for example, do you think Konditorei will keep their doors open? How is that extra $20 per week doing to help out? By all means, if your circumstance hasn't changed, neither should your spending.
Best of luck to ALL the Mom & Pop shops trying to keep their staff employed and their communities served!
Has meeting payroll also been a problem? Rent is one budget item, but ensuring the employees are paid on time and with sufficient funds is also important.
This is a good place to help Mr Meola with ideas to keep the pizza place open. The best thing is to support it. Here are some ideas, although I really don't have any great ones for a pizza cafe so I threw out a few questions to stimulate some thinking:
1. If you have a great pizza there tweet to your friends and invite them along.
2. If you want it to stay open take your friends there.
3. If you don't want such high carbs choose salad from the salad bar.
Can the landlord can reduce the rent by say 10%?
Would Round Table attract more people if it had new paint or rearranged seating inside (so it's not so draughty)?
Would it have more customers if it were not a Round Table pizza store, but instead had gourmet pizzas with different toppings? Is this feasible?
Who would buy pizzas in bulk? Trail repairers??
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Freebirds Palo Alto shutters, Pieology to move in
By Elena Kadvany | 14 comments | 3,515 views
A Glimpse into local HS Suicide
By Chandrama Anderson | 13 comments | 2,624 views
Deny the 429 Univ Ave Project Appeal
By Steve Levy | 11 comments | 1,614 views
Now Playing - Your Dinner!
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 980 views
Water War & Peace
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 354 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.