Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Dec 2, 2011
So they loosen up on parking enforcement in order to drive more business into the downtown. Why doesn't it register with our city council that if that works during the holiday it will work the rest of the year too? We might actually see some more of those vacant storefronts get filled.
Is this a Police decision, or City Council? Who is in charge? Menlo Voter is making sense, so is Work and Live. But be careful to criticize, because the powers might decide to take it all back. The restrictions on street parking is the larger problem, but are not being eased.
It would make more sense to have 3 hour parking for ALL of downtown Menlo Park for the Christmas season. I think having the different plazas with different hours will be confusing for most of us!
The downtown parking regs were modified several years ago at the request of the downtown business owners. I remember not all business owners and downtown users were happy but the city found a solution somewhere in the middle. Good job city. In the end, more were OK with the solution than were not. If those who are not happy today want a change, survey ALL downtown business owners and downtown users and propose a change to the city.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
I Told My Mom She's Dying
By Chandrama Anderson | 10 comments | 2,216 views
Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 1,288 views
Fancy Fast and Fun!
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 747 views
Hit the Bus
By Paul Bendix | 4 comments | 402 views
“I live near Sunset”
By Stuart Soffer | 2 comments | 255 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.