New home rising in Menlo Park

Original post made on Feb 23, 2012

The new home of Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg near downtown Menlo Park starts to take shape. ==I Almanac photo by Michelle Le.==

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 10:19 AM

Posted by frugal, a resident of Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
on Feb 23, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Although I'd prefer this be a smaller house on such a small lot, I think it's time to leave Ms. Sanberg alone.

Posted by Annabelle, a resident of Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
on Feb 23, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Yes please leave Ms. Sandberg alone as Facebook is bringing support to our economy. But hey, any one got an address for this location? I would love to see the new construction. ;-)

Posted by FYI, a resident of Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
on Feb 23, 2012 at 1:44 pm

[Post removed. For security reasons and to protect Ms. Sandberg's privacy, the Almanac is not publicizing the location of her new home. The Editor.]

Posted by Peter Carpenter, a resident of Atherton: Lindenwood
on Feb 23, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Peter Carpenter is a registered user.

" For security reasons and to protect Ms. Sandberg's privacy, the Almanac is not publicizing the location of her new home. The Editor"

Thank you Almanac for this wise policy.

Posted by R.GORDON, a resident of another community
on Feb 27, 2012 at 4:52 pm

R.GORDON is a registered user.

The house construction site is already public domain and has been mentioned in many publications.
I do not see why Ms.Sandberg's house should be so protected when Mr. Steve Job's of our same county, was not held in the same esteem and he was harrassed for years while he suffered from cancer and also was a far more distinguished contributor to mankind via APPLE than who is basically an employee of Facebook.
I have a signed statement from an employee saying that it is the secrecy factor of the kind of environment which is being constructed by the planners for Ms.Sandberg.
I do not appreciate having my posts relating to this project being removed without explanation.
I will be forced to take it several steps higher if you prevent opinion from being published and it will not be COUNTY trivia. Also, I will see that all the homes with the basic same idea which have been built be made public from San Francisco to San Diego.
You, Mr. Editor, have overstepped your management of the freedom of the press and its contents.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

To post your comment, please click here to login

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

Touring the Southern California “Ivies:” Pomona and Cal Tech
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 5 comments | 2,336 views

Chai Brisket

Sometimes "I'm Sorry" Doesn't Cut It
By Cheryl Bac | 4 comments | 886 views

Couples: Parallel Play or Interactive Play?
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 667 views