Post a New Topic
Original post made
on May 28, 2012
Corrupt price manipulation? Or incompetent IPO? Or both?
Wasn't the company, they put the info into the S1. Was the banksters.
Be an interesting trial. My guess is they settle.
The whole world of stocks is suspect! Companies can virtually print money. They should have to borrow money like everyone else has to. In this case, Facebook and its partner IPO firms got too greedy and priced the stock too high, and they issued way too much stock. If the world of stocks is somehow necessary, there should be a law that companies can't issue stocks to their own officers and managers and employees. Consider: The whole reason for selling stocks is to help finance a company's growth, not make its founders rich. Because Zuckerberg was given so much stock, he, and not the private buyers of the stock, owns the controlling interest in the company. If you like gambling, stocks are for you.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
The Saddle Room – A True Friend of Kids
By Laura Stec | 2 comments | 1,990 views
The Four E's--Pope Francis and the Middle Class
By Steve Levy | 3 comments | 880 views
My College Mindset is Intrinsically Motivated
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 1 comment | 716 views
I'm glad I turned on the TV
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 228 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.