Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jun 19, 2012
Wonder if the recipients were chosen at random or if there's a connection between them all...or perhaps their mailboxes were most accessible and the shape most suitable? Would be nice to get the police department's take on this.
I can tell you that the mailbox on N Lemon was metal and was blown into many pieces, some of which blew across and down the street. This was the darkest part of our street so perhaps that is why they chose that mailbox. I hope the police are taking this seriously because there was a couple walking down our street with their dog and they were only a few houses away when the explosion happened.
How terrifying! It's clear that injuries can happen when someone pulls this type of "prank"- which is actually a crime & can have serious ramifications. NLemon - thanks for adding the info. I've done a lot of walking in that area & since it's summer, there are a lot of people about.
These eound more like M80's than firecrackers an M80 is very dangerous. Firecrackers not so much.This is not a prank.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Help! I’m Covered in Bugs
By Laura Stec | 2 comments | 1,569 views
Calave wine bar opens in Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 1,317 views
Constitution Guarantees Nationwide Right to Same-Sex Marriage
By Chandrama Anderson | 25 comments | 1,277 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.