Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jul 2, 2012
What a great resource Menlo Vacuum & Fix-it is to have in our community. A big thanks to Bill and so wonderful that the tradition will continue with George's ownership. In an age where everything is considered disposable and few things repairable they defy that mind set.
So glad it's staying around, a wonderful menlo Park shop! Best of luck to Bill and George.
so glad the shop will continue. Best of luck to all!
That place is such a gem. They've always figured things out (once Bill called out the problem and solution from the back when he had only heard my machine and not even seen it). I"m so glad the shop will remain a Menlo Park tradition. Lucky us...and good luck to them!
I totally agree with all the comments above. Hooray for a gem of a place! Have had several things fixed there over the years and they are still lasting. I hope it will stay here for a long, long time!
My sincere appreciation goes out to this wonderful community for supporting small businesses like Menlo Vacuum; I am so pleased that George will be carrying on the tradition. Best of luck, George!
Just by accident, I stopped in Monday for vacuum bags, not knowing about the change of ownership yet. The store was closed, but they opened up for me anyway. Thanks, guys! I'm happy to keep patronizing a neighborly shop.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Tin Pot Creamery expanding to Los Altos
By Elena Kadvany | 1 comment | 5,000 views
reThink Farming – Planet Enemy #1
By Laura Stec | 15 comments | 2,859 views
It Can Wait
By Cheryl Bac | 4 comments | 2,578 views
By Chandrama Anderson | 2 comments | 2,108 views
Hit the Bus
By Paul Bendix | 3 comments | 287 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.