Election 2012: Warren Slocum ballot revised after complaint

Original post made on Jul 28, 2012

Candidates for political office are expected to sing their own praises in hopes of swaying voters, but there are rules regarding what they can say, rules that county Board of Supervisors candidate Warren Slocum recently got a refresher lesson on.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 12:00 AM

Posted by Susan Smith, a resident of Woodside: other
on Jul 28, 2012 at 7:00 am

I want to vote for Warren Slocum for San Mateo County Supervisor, but I don't want him double-dipping from both the pension fund, an income flow he has earned and is entitled to, while receiving a paycheck for being a Supervisor from the County at the same time, which he would also be entitled to. I am certain both draw 6 figures. I wonder if he would, since he has an income stream, consider fore-going double dipping since economic times in our county are so poor we are funning deficit. I plan to vote for him if we can get over this question of funds because he is the best candidate with the most experience. I posted this question on his wall, but it was deleted. It is interesting to watch this.

Posted by Michael G. Stogner, a resident of another community
on Jul 28, 2012 at 8:18 am

Warren Slocum has already addressed this topic which is he will receive the Supervisor income in addition to his other earned income. I respect him for that, he told us upfront.

I think its more important how he would vote on county issues.

Don Horsley ran on the promise not to except the Supervisor income if elected, that was a major part of his campaign, his choice now he has to live with it and the $208,000 per year pension he receives. Look how he has voted.

I'm more concerned about candidates ignoring oaths they take and promise to fulfill a term they are completely aware of.

Posted by Michael G. Stogner, a resident of another community
on Jul 28, 2012 at 8:30 am

I know this is a little off topic, if you wanted to have a Double Dipping conversation I think you would have to include UnderSheriff Carlos Bolanos as one of the leaders. $350,000 plus

Posted by Michael G. Stogner, a resident of another community
on Jul 28, 2012 at 9:48 am

One more thing to consider is the cost of a campaign. The last to winners of Supervisor invested over $450,000 Don Horsley and $550,000 Dave Pine the only difference between those two was all of Don's money was donated.

From what I understand Warren has invested over $100,000 of his own money, that's a lot to ask a person to do and then not get paid if he wins. I think he deserves it.

Posted by not susan, a resident of Menlo Park: other
on Jul 28, 2012 at 11:18 am

Susan, by commenting on an old story in the print addition, you display a fixation that is unhealthy. If you want to make a difference, you should register to vote.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.