Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Sep 4, 2012
A great weekend on the gridiron at St Francis for the Vikings, as MA Pop Warner opened their 14th season!
All five MA Viking youth football teams performed well in the opening weekend of Peninsula Pop Warner Division I action. A quick synopsis by age group:
- Tiny Mites: the instructional level group for 5 -7 year olds was it's usual joy to watch as both teams romped to a number of scores. Special kudos to young Harold Atkins Jr for running the action in Coach Dave Bragg's absence. Harold then went upstairs and announced the last two games of the afternoon!
- Mitey Mites: the 7-9 year old group is also an instructional (non-playoff) level. Coach Rahsaan Dean's young lads bounced back from an tough exhibition game last week to post an outstanding 30-6 victory over the East Bay Warriors (Oakland.)
- Jr PeeWees: had a tough opening game against the EBW JPW's, falling 19-0. The Viking team of 10 and 11 year olds is looking forward to this week and returning to their winning level of play shown last week in their exhibition victory over Gilroy.
- PeeWees: Coach Harold Atkins, Sr, and team followed in his son's earlier footsteps with a solid trouncing of EBW, 32-0, at the 11-12 year old level.
- Jr Midgets: the 2012 Jr Midgets, is comprised of many of the Pop Warner National Championship contender PeeWee team from last season, along with a number of outstanding newcomers. They continued their winning ways with a solid victory on Sunday, posting a 29-0 win over the East Bay Wildcats. How strong are is this group of 12 and 13 year olds? Only time and a strong Division I schedule will tell!
This week, your MA Vikings travel to meet the Berkeley Jr Bears on Saturday, at historic Oakland Tech. The series of youth games begins at 8am, in sight of Oakland Tech's classic architecture (main building built in 1914.)
The MA Vikings return to the friendly confines of MA High School next week, with games on Sunday, Sept 16.
LET'S GO VIKINGS!!
go Vikings!! My son had a great time playing Pop Warner. Best sport in which he participated and the one he talks most about (other than HS sports.) Good memories.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Cho's Los Altos finally opens
By Elena Kadvany | 25 comments | 4,953 views
College Touring Tips
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 4 comments | 4,213 views
Eggs and Bacon Walk Into a Bar
By Laura Stec | 5 comments | 1,439 views
Blood on the Tracks
By Paul Bendix | 5 comments | 1,025 views
Gifts (that are not bought)
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 1,000 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.