Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Dec 12, 2012
Does the perp also live on Wildwood Way?
A veteran? Sounds like a post-traumatic stress disorder evaluation is called for here.
Living on Wildwood, we were never noticed of this incident...
Correction.....living on Wildwood, we were never notified or contacted regarding this incident.....
Resident - just curious, why would you feel you were entitled to be notified/contacted about this incident? Does Woodside have a town rule that requires such notification? Doesn't seem to me that an incident between two people is everyone's business.
The Sheriff issued the notice through the SMC Alert system: Web Link. Great community resource.
Nowadays, civilized society recognizes that â€œdomestic violence"-- in this case, between 2 male relatives-- is anything but a private matter. Very much against the law, it is a serious (and costly, in more ways than one) public health and safety concern. It is a public matter, just like any other form of criminal violence... and in this case, the attacker, armed with a shovel and deemed to be potentially dangerous, was thought to still be in the area. It was very reasonable to alert people.
There was an alert - see the post from PVRez above.
You can also sign up for email alerts at your homeowner's association website.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Calave wine bar opens in Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 9 comments | 2,181 views
Constitution Guarantees Nationwide Right to Same-Sex Marriage
By Chandrama Anderson | 33 comments | 1,629 views
Family Outing - Inside Out
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 447 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.