Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jul 23, 2013
Let me correct two things about this letter.
- it is TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FOUR PERCENT more development rights
- this letter was sent to the Almanac in mid April - why are they printing it now?
As a registered independent it saddens me to think that those who want real Menlo Park Values based on livability, progressive growth, and future thinking are being called left-wingers rather than champions of community, residents, and Menlo's future. Is it both our right and obligation to stand up to the corruption used to manipulate the Specific Plan to the outrageous benefit of developers while largely ignoring voices of the residents.
We deserve better representation than the Mayor and Staff that we have now. It's that simple.
Let me add that I believe in a Government of the People, for the People and by the People. Not of the Developers, for the money, by the Developers.
We have "politicians" like Ohtaki, Keith, and Carlton, who are more concerned with their careers than residents. You have Ohtaki's "non-profit" where he takes money from entities like Stanford that benefit from his position as Mayor. Keith's failed bid for higher office, and Carlton, while bright, lists her career on Facebook as Politician and is so pro-development she voted to turn over public right of way to a super-slimy developer.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a shopping center or senior housing where the car dealerships are - Stanford won't put anything that competes with their shopping center or their large Senior facility on Sand Hill Road.
We deserve better.
Elizabeth, the new zoning rules would allow Stanford up to 218% more FAR at the Public Benefit Bonus level when compared to the FAR allowed "by right" in the prior zoning. Most developers previously would just seek a Use Permit.
Still 218% is a lot of up zoning. Guess that's what you get when you put your name on a Gym in Menlo Park...
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
A Love Script? A Dyadic Encounter
By Chandrama Anderson | 2 comments | 2,061 views
USA - United Stuffed of America
By Laura Stec | 2 comments | 1,686 views
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 2 comments | 1,530 views
Sometimes the Rules Go Out the Window
By Cheryl Bac | 5 comments | 1,301 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.