Open space district unveils 'vision plan'

Original post made on Oct 7, 2013

Bay Area residents could gain access to much more open space, including more family-friendly areas, according to a new Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District "vision plan" unveiled Wednesday night.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, October 7, 2013, 6:47 PM

+   Like this comment
Posted by My family
a resident of Woodside: other
on Oct 7, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Would their definition of family match mine? i.e. my children, my dog, and my bike riding or horse riding friends?

Currently I need a PhD research skills to figure out which parks I can go to on any given day depending on whether I can bring my dog, bike, kids, or any combination of the above.

Stop making it so hard!!! Open should mean open to everyone. Family friendly should mean any family member, of any preferred means of natural transport. Restrooms required too.

Very happy that the org is looking into this!

+   Like this comment
Posted by resident
a resident of Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
on Oct 7, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I can understand why domesticated animals are not allowed wildlife preserves. Domesticated animals can really screw up the natural balance in the preserve. I agree that they do not do enough to encourage people to bicycle to and within the preserves, especially the preserves that are relatively close to residential areas.

+   Like this comment
Posted by My family
a resident of Woodside: other
on Oct 8, 2013 at 6:25 am

A dog on a leash does no harm. The benefits far outway the concerns.

+   Like this comment
Posted by Marjorie McCracken
on Oct 8, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I think the Open Space District should reconsider taking property by eminent domain. Specifically, I think Martin's Beach should be taken if the present owner won't obey the law and allow public access to the beach.

+   Like this comment
Posted by Take it all
on Oct 8, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Marjorie- I agree. The state should take what ever they want. The state hasn't confiscated enough so that we can all hug a tree and stare at the ocean. Maybe they can take your house, tear it down and put a park in so dogs can have a special spot to roam. More power to the state , less to the people.

+   Like this comment
Posted by Alan
a resident of Menlo Park: Belle Haven
on Oct 8, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Alas - I've seen people who will keep dogs on a leash ... as long as no one else is watching. Then let them run free. It's people like that cause some areas to be closed to all pets, even for owners who are responsible.