Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Oct 14, 2013
This article needs a map showing where stores will be.
I see a huge parking problem, especially during long busy weekends and the holidays. With the current construction I believe they are probably down about 1000 spots. Build another 2 story garage. Would be great to bring back Palo Alto Creamery and some other places to sit down and eat kid friendly.
One of my favorite things about the Stanford Shopping Center is that it's outdoors and the walkways have stunning foliage including trees, vines and incredible flower variety and compositions. I used to take my kids here when they were younger just to appreciate the beautiful flowers and fountains (and of course we ended up purchasing food and clothes as a result).
I really hope they don't replace these beautiful parts of the Center. Dumbing down the landscaping with "a simplified at grade scheme" using "themes" sounds horrible. It sounds like Disneyland.
Regarding the parking, it's already a huge pain on weekends and around holidays to find a parking spot. Really, they're going to increase stores, creat office space and decrease parking? Sounds like a good plan to annoy shoppers and decrease business.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Continuation of Office Cap Discussion
By Steve Levy | 19 comments | 3,780 views
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 2 comments | 2,547 views
Ramen shop replaces Muracciís in Los Altos
By Elena Kadvany | 12 comments | 2,424 views
"Itís Not About the Nail"
By Chandrama Anderson | 4 comments | 1,823 views
Water War & Peace
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 16 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.