Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Dec 10, 2013
Did the truck stop to help after hitting the jogger or was this a hit-and-run? Has the driver been identified?
Reading the above police reports, anyone notice that almost all the items stolen were stolen from UNLOCKED vehicles? Just sayin'...
Who has what authority with regard to policing in Menlo Park? MPPD, Sheriff? Could someone please fill me in or tell me where to look? If they share, does this mean both have equal access to MP, residents, and all codes, etc. that pertain to our town? Or are the duties split up? Why and how?
I don't have the time (like many!) to research this or attend council meetings, so appreciate help from those who do or who make that time.
And for cameras and license readers, where does this stand? I wonder why we need these?? I fear them. Very much. As someone said in another post, are they being FIRST installed in EPA, East Menlo where people are injured or killed lately? So we pay a monitor reader(s) to watch, evaluate them? What are their qualifications for this?
These incidents, to me, show not casual, fool-around, why-not attitudes of the thieves, but a desperation for cash, to have what others do. Not saying they are 'right' and shouldn't be pursued, but rather that we better all wake up and be helpful when and where we can to others we might meet or not. Look to your own state of mind and what works for you.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 1,431 views
King of the Slides
By Cheryl Bac | 2 comments | 1,121 views
Where the Sidewalk Ends
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 304 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.