Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jan 9, 2014
I don't live in San Mateo County, but as a Peninsula resident it's heartening to read such a thoughtful and compassionate statement by the new Board of Supervisors President for SM County! Dave Pine's comments show that he is aware of the challenges faced by many people in this affluent region -- and that we need to work together to create new solutions that address the problems of poverty, expensive housing and homelessness.
His commitment to address concerns about sea level rise and the need for fiscal restraint show wisdom and future-thinking. And I really liked his statement that the government needs to be more innovative and open to change -- while at the same time realizing that government is NOT "like a business," since the role of these two sectors in society is very different.
In short, BRAVO, Supervisor Pine. May your term as board President be successful!
Sure is easy to find fat head tools to promote their hypocrite cult of Communism. Let's make EVERYONE poor and miserable and starving and worthless and stupid and insane!
Sorry Debbie. Didn't read yours. Don't stop learning stuff.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Cho's Los Altos finally opens
By Elena Kadvany | 25 comments | 4,929 views
College Touring Tips
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 4 comments | 4,183 views
Eggs and Bacon Walk Into a Bar
By Laura Stec | 5 comments | 1,402 views
Blood on the Tracks
By Paul Bendix | 5 comments | 1,011 views
Gifts (that are not bought)
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 901 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.